an bones, artifacts and/or human-modified animal bones in a Pleistocene context have been found elsewhere in Florida, including at the nearby Helen Blazes and Melbourne Bone Bed sites.
- Mitchem, Jeffery M. (2006). The Vero and Melbourne Discoveries: Scientific Controversy in the Early Twentieth Century. 58th Annual Meeting of the Florida Anthropological Society. pp. 1–3. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- Sellards, E. H. (1916). “Human Remains and Associated Fossils from the Pleistocene of Florida”. Florida State Geological survey. Eighth Annual Report: 121–160. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- Mitchem, Jeffery M. (2006). The Vero and Melbourne Discoveries: Scientific Controversy in the Early Twentieth Century. 58th Annual Meeting of the Florida Anthropological Society. pp. 4–6. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- Stapleton, Christine (December 12, 2013). “Vero may hold clue to America’s first humans”. Miami Herald. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- Torrent, Danielle (May 3, 2012). “New UF study shows early North Americans lived with extinct giant beasts”. University of Florida. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- Rawls, Sandra (June 4, 2009). “University of Florida: Epic carving on fossil bone found in Vero Beach”. Vero Beach 32963. Archived from the original on September 13, 2009. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- Viegas, Jennifer. “Earliest Mammoth Art: Mammoth on Mammoth”. Discovery News. Retrieved June 23, 2011.
- The Associated Press (June 22, 2011). “Ancient mammoth or mastodon image found on bone in Vero Beach”. Gainesville Sun. Retrieved June 23, 2011.
- Purdy, Barbara A., Kevin S. Jones, John J. Mecholsky, Gerald Bourne, Richard C. Hurlbert Jr., Bruse J. MacFadden, Krista L. Church, Michael W. Warren, Thomas F. Jorstad, Dennis J. Stanford, Melvin J. Wachowiak, and Robert J. Speakman (November 2011). “Earliest Art in the Americas: incised image of a proboscidean on a mineralized extinct animal bone from Vero Beach, Florida”. Journal of Archaeological Science 38 (11): 2908–2913. doi:10.1016/j.jas.2011.05.022.
- Howley, Andrew. “Is Florida Mammoth the Tip of the Iceberb?”. National Geographic. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- “2014 Season Summary”. Old Vero Ice Age Sites Committee. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- Allen, Greg (February 28, 2015). “Can You Dig It? More Evidence Suggests Humans From The Ice Age”. National Public Radio. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- Purdy, Barbara A. (2008). Florida’s People During the Last Ice Age. Gainesville, Florida: University Press of Florida. pp. 29–36. ISBN 978-0-8130-3204-7.